Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where Can I apply for Subsidized housing??

I need to apply for subsidized housing. But When I look up public housing for the chicago area, the waiting list are closed. Is public housing and subsidized different?? if so how? Which is easier to apply for? I dont really need section 8, i can afford to pay some rent, just not a large amount b/c I'm having a baby and expenses are going to go up. Any advice?? Again this is for the chicago area and aybe some places around it.Where Can I apply for Subsidized housing??
As far as subsidized housing goes, there is always a waiting list for the program and that list is only open at certain times. You can try a bond program or a section 8 voucher which pays a portion of your rent. You'll need to contact your local HUD office and find out what they are offering and how to apply. There are lots of programs around, most people just don't know about them or think to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment