Sunday, January 29, 2012

Moving to Chicago! best area(s)? How's Glen Ellyn?

Ok

so I'm considering moving to Chicago, and I need to know the good areas from the bad; crime, jobs, housing, things to do etc.

All I know is the public transportion is good.



Anyone know about the Glen Ellyn area?Moving to Chicago! best area(s)? How's Glen Ellyn?
I've heard nice things about Glen Ellyn, but I've never been there. Chicago has a quite a few nice suburbs, but also really crappy ones. I would try to avoid Joliet, Romeoville, and Bollingbrook. They do have some nice areas, but most of it isn't that great. I only really know about those three because I'm from there. I also heard Rolling Meadows is getting pretty bad, but I haven't been there for about 10 years.Moving to Chicago! best area(s)? How's Glen Ellyn?
glen ellyn is beautiful but expensive, I lived in the city all my life and am out in wheaton right now for a little bit, it's one train stop west of glen ellynMoving to Chicago! best area(s)? How's Glen Ellyn?
The Chicago Tribune has a community database that lets you look up neighbordhoods or zipcodes and get statistics like average income, age, familes with children, etc. I'm sure there may be another website that gives you more demographics/crime statistics but you can probably guess as much once you see the incomes of areas.
glen ellyn is a very nice surburb, i prefer wheaton, the next one west as it has more stores

No comments:

Post a Comment