Sunday, January 29, 2012

Should I buy a house or condo?

Hello. I am looking to buy a place in Florida. I am retired, but I'm 47. My wife sadly passed two years ago. I have found two really great places in Palm Beach Gardens.



1. There is a condo in a high rise building that is for sale. I've looked at it, and it looks great. The elevators go directly to your own private lobby or foyer. It is a 3 bedroom 4 bath. Huge views of the Atlantic ocean everywhere. A wraparound Lanai, tile flooring, huge walk in closet, huge master bath with his and her showers, jacuzzi. The building also has a pool, private beach, hot tub, sauna, steam, bar, dining room, and theater. It is 24/7 secure, 24/7 concierge and room service. The only problem is, I love golfing, so I would have to purchase membership at a club 3 miles out, and play there. Also, valet and a garage and dock for boat.



2. The second place is a house in a golf/resort gated community also located in Palm Beach. Again, it is 24/7 security and gate house. The house is a 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath. My taste for interior is modern white flooring, with modern dark wood furniture. However, since this house was built in 1990's, it is very old looking. I would definitely need to re model most of the house. It comes with a pool, hot tub, and dock. Also, the house has theater, elevator, living, huge kitchen, huge dining, huge master, huge master bath. The best thing though, is that this house is in this wonderful community. Two 18 hole courses, public pool and hot tub, spa, sauna, steam, tennis courts, bridge room, four different dining rooms, business center, and hotel/resort/concierge style staff that cater to any desire, also, I could drive a golf cart around the community. They also have food delivery, catering, and geat big parties throughout the year. I even hear, that in the more expensive deleopment across the street, Michael Jordan is building a house. But, I would also have valet service.





so I'm really stumped on which to get. I have a pretty large boat and a car. I have a small apartment in Chicago, so I would probably be down south in the fall, winter, and a little in the summer. The condo would be great for being on my own, and I like it because it is high up, and for the views. But the house is in a huge community where I could socialize. Please help me.Should I buy a house or condo?
I would definitly go with the house! Good luck in making your decision.Should I buy a house or condo?
You dont mention if either is oceanfront etc or even price. IF there is a big price difference, that could be your deciding factor... but from your writing, it sounds like whatever the price, it is not a problem for you. Both places seem nice and have extra services, etc.. but I think for you, you would be happiest with the home and the bigger social scene, where you can get to know your neighbors and have some fun--especially since you will be spending a lot of time there.



good luck and enjoy!!Should I buy a house or condo?
I've lived in a condo before...what I liked about it was that it was (mostly) maintenance free. I bought a house a little over a year ago (in FL) and of course, I have to keep up with the maintenance, etc. I have to say though, I'm happier now that I have a home, my own yard, etc plus, like you mentioned, it's easier to socialize and be out there. Goodluck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment